Snowpacolypse, Apple Oat Bars and A Giveaway, OH MY!
This is me yesterday, or rather how I felt on the inside:
There was also a lot of this:
Watching, that is…
And I thought a broom only had two functions:
Hot damn, Grant Park is wise – and still attractive all bundled up. The sign of a working man.
Since I wasn’t going outside in this:
I stuck to more culinary endeavors on this surprise snow day!
And just to make you feel better about snowpacolypse, how about a little giveaway! Details at the end of this post… (Now Closed)
- 1 & 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup walnuts (any raw nut will do)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 5 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 oz. Chobani nonfat honey yogurt
- 3 lg. apples
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. On a dry baking sheet, measure 3/4 cup oats and walnuts. Spread evenly and toast in oven for 10 minutes, tossing occasionally.
3. In a food processor, or blender, chop the raisins and dates until a paste-like yumminess is formed.
4. Empty raisins/date mix into a large bowl, add the rest of the dry ingredients (including the other 3/4 cup oats) and combine.
5. Chop the apples into small cubes, toss into a separate bowl.
6. Add greek yogurt and vanilla extract to apple bowl and stir until apples are coated.
7. Dump the oven baked nuts and oats into the big bowl. Mix.
8. Pour the apple yogurt mixture into the big bowl and stir until combined.
9. Grease a 9X12 pyrex and empty the apple oat mixture into the pan.
10. Using clean hands, press the goodness into the pan forming a smooth-ish top layer.
11. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through to encourage even cooking.
12. Allow to cool before cutting.
Try not to eat them all in one afternoon…
Crumble over yogurt
Individually wrap for a snack-on-the-go
Drizzle a little pb over top for a healthy dessert
Win a case of Chobani Greek Yogurt. That’s 12 flavors for you to taste, bake and enjoy! To enter do all 3 of the following:
- Visit Cho’s facebook page http://facebook.com/chobani
- Retweet the link to this recipe and contest
- Leave a comment about your favorite way to stay busy on a snowy day
A winner will be chosen at random in 1 week. Spread the word!